“macaroons are actually a Christian food. According to mirabilis.ca, “macaroons originated in an Italian monastery around 1792. The name comes from the Italian word for paste, maccarone, which refers to almond paste. Macaroni means flour paste.”
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff
- Fold in agave, vanilla and coconut
- Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time
- Pinch each macaroon at the top (like a kiss)
- Bake at 325 350°* for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned
Makes 48 macaroons
Stolen From HERE!