Chicken with Cherries and Kale
1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
1 (10 ounce) bag frozen cherries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 bunch kale, chiffonade
2 tablespoons olive oil
celtic sea saltand pepper to taste
- Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry
- With a mallet or skillet, pound the chicken breast to ¼ inch thickness
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add shallots and saute for one minute
- Add cherries, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cherries are soft and no longer frozen
- Add balsamic vinegar, then stir in mustard and kale
- Cover and cook over low heat 4-5 minutes, until kale is just wilted, stirring occasionally
- In another large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat
- Add chicken cutlets to the pan and sprinkle them with salt and pepper
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until outside is browned and chicken is cooked through
- Transfer chicken to pan containing cherry sauce and kale
- Allow to marinate over low heat for 2-3 minutes so that chicken absorbs some of the sauce
With both balsamic and mustard, this chicken dish is tangy and sweet. I served it to my family the night before Thanksgiving and they loved it.
When I asked the boys what to name this dish, my older son said, “Chicken Cherry Kale Amazement.” I guess that says it all since the boys have now entered the picky eater phase. This one is a crowd pleaser and works especially well for little ones. Enjoy!
Stolen From HERE!