Crust option 1: (This is my favorite. It sounds a little odd but its delicious).
– Ground coconut
Crust option two:
– Shredded zucchini
Beef (grass fed preferably)
– Onions (white, yellow or red. Pick your favorite. I prefer white in my enchilades)
– Green Chile (if you have it available which I know that those that aren’t New Mexican natives often dont).
– Salsa ( make my own special for enchiladas that is heavy on tomato paste)
– Shredded Cheese (I like a mixture of mozzarella, pepper jack and cheddar)
– Shredded Lettuce
– Organic sour cream
– Guacamole or avocado
1. In a baking dish we will first create our crust.
Crust option one.
– Make some SoG coconut griddle cakes and line the bottom of your baking dish with them. Fill in the in-between spots with some egg.
Crust option 2.
– Mix shredded zucchini with egg and line the bottom of the pan.
2. Season and brown your ground been in a skillet. I recommend a lot of garlic and spicy seasonings.
3. pour your browned beef on top of your crust.
4. Top your beef with chopped onion, green chile (if you have it of course) and a layer of salsa.
5. Top with your shredded cheeses.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until a slight crust starts to form on the top of the cheese. About 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
7. Serve on a plate and top with shredded lettuce, organic sour cream and guacamole or avocado slices. delicious.
Stolen From HERE!