- 1-2 plantains (per person)
- Oil for coating the skillet (I recommend Coconut or grapeseed oil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Peel the plantains, slice them in half diagonally and then cut into the shape of french fries (the thickness is up to you!). A mandoline works great for this- but I have found cutting by hand is just as easy.
- Pour oil into frying pan – You want the plantains to be covered halfway up their sides.
- Fry until crispy over medium heat until they are crispy on the outside and cooked through on the inside. They taste fantastic lightly cooked or extra well done. Flip them around in the oil a few times till cook all sides are cooked.