prep-time: about 5-10 minutes
makes: about 12-14 mini cheesecakes, or one large 9 inch pie. this is the cheesecake pan (no affiliation with Amazon) we use.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon mesquite flour (omit, we did for a little more flavor)
- 3-4 medjool dates (or 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup)
place almond meal, mesquite flour, and dates into a food processor. and pulse till combined.
take crust mixture and spoon into your mini cheesecake pans (or one large pie pan) and press into the pan. set aside.
- 2 1/3 cup macadamia nuts or cashews, or a combo of the two nuts ( we did a combo of the two)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- about 2-3 tablespoons lime zest (about 6-8 limes)
- 1/4 cup water
place all macadamia nuts, maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest and water into blender. blend for a little bit. then add in your coconut oil. and continue to blend till everything is well blended and the batter is nice and smooth. adjust lime taste to your liking. add more or less zest.
spoon lime filling on top of your crust in your mini cheesecake pans. if you want more of a lime flavor, top each one with a little lime zest. then place in freezer and let set for a few hours.
remove from freezer and pop out the mini cream cakes (as we like to call them) and keep in refrigerator till ready to enjoy cold or room temperature.